Rebuilding Angmar

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dark Angels

Here are pics from my current Warhammer 40k project, Dark Angels.
I apologize if the images seem a little fuzzy, I have an old digital camera and no tripod.


Here you can see the vehicles that have yet to be painted, along with the Tactical Squads and Deathwing Terminators.
One lonesome Missile Marine stands in the front left corner, awaiting a squad to adopt him.
So sad.



The completed units you see here are:
2 8-man Las/Plas Tac Squads
2 8-man PC/Flamer Tac Squads
1 5-man 2-AC (or 2-ML) Deathwing Term Sqd
1 7-man 2-T.Hmr 5-L.Claw Deathwing Term Assault Sqd
2 6-man 1-Meltagun 1-P.Fist Ravenwing Bike Sqds w/ HB Attack Bikes

**** Tactical Marines ****


Here is a close-up of my Deathwing Veteran Sgts. I gave them each an auspex scanning device mostly for theme purposes. It should help them in their search for the Fallen Dark Angels.


Here is a close-up of a Lascannon + Plasma Gun Tactical squad.


Here is one of the Plasma Cannon + Flamer squads. I tried to include plasma weaponry when possible. Dark Angels are supposed to have an affinity for it (this will hopefully be emphasized in the 4th edition codex).


Close-up of a Plasma Cannon Marine. I'm very pleased with the way the "glowing plasma cell" turned out. Also notice the heat-damage toward the end of the weapon.

**** Ravenwing Bikes ****


Here are my Ravenwing Bikes mid-way through completion (they began life as Black Templars). You can see that I made their weapon casings DA Green to tie them into the rest of the army. In the front is my Bike-mounted Chaplain, you'll see more of him in a bit.


Here is a completed Ravenwing Bike Squad.


Here is a close-up of the Ravenwing Vet Sgt equipped with a Power Fist and Bolt Pistol. Due to the new Bike rules, you can take two weapons as you no longer need one hand to drive the bike. I call it the "Look Ma! No Hands!" rule. I still modeled him steering the bike, with the Bolt Pistol in its holster, as otherwise it looks fairly dumb.
Note: The one item still missing is a horizontal banner flying out behind him. That is a work-in-progress that I will soon post instructions for (once I figure out how to do it).


Here is a completed Ravenwing Attack Bike.


Here is the other Attack Bike. Note the small "rare earth" disk magnets on the connector of the second Sidecar. Both Attack Bikes employ these handy little things, making the sidecars completely interchangeable (or totally removable in case I need another ordinary Bike).
But more on magnet conversions later...


Here is my incomplete Chaplain. I actually used a standing Chaplain body, but cut and bent it to fit the bike. I have recently finished painting this guy and will post the final pics as soon as I finish the rest of my HQ models.


The trophy racks on the back of the bike are from one of the Chaos Terminator Special Characters. Similar to the Vet Sgt, the Chaplain has a holstered Bolt Pistol, positioned for easy access, and a banner pole in the back.

**** Deathwing Terminators ****


Deathwing Terminator Assault Squad, you do not want to meet these guys in a dark alley.


Slightly fuzzy close-up. I might add another color to the trim on the Storm Shield, I haven't decided yet.


Stupid camera auto-focused on the guy in the background.
Again, I made the Terminator gun casings DA Green to tie them in with the standard troops.


Larry, Curly, and Moe.
Here are the yet to be completed Deathwing HQ:
Master with Lightning Claws
Master with Sword of Secrets (I used the Emperor's Champion sword)
Librarian with Force Axe
They almost look like weathered statues, don't they?


And that's it for now. More pics will follow as soon as the models are ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home